The sustainable supply of energy we all aspire to can only be achieved by the increasing use of regenerative energy sources in the energy mix while, at the same time, implementing the most efficient conversion processes.
Fulfilling this task requires, besides greater efforts in the development of new technologies, also the increased deployment of modern technologies in new or modified processes. New equipment and installations must be used, which better meet the criteria for energy efficiency and the use of regenerative energy sources than existing technologies.
The requirements for user comfort and functional safety and reliability also play a major role. The right light can decisively alter the mood in a room, and perfectly functioning smartboards can, for example, make employees’ working lives considerably easier.
We support you in the planning and site management of refurbishment and new building projects.
- Medium/low voltage installations
- UPS installations
- Lighting systems including lighting simulations
- Low-voltage installations, intruder alarm systems, electro-acoustic systems
- Entryphone and access control systems
- Fire-alarm systems, planning and certification to DIN 14675
- Computer networks including active components
In the interplay between daylight and artificial lighting, it is only possible to achieve an optimum for a given lighting situation by carrying out lighting simulations. The results can be realistically displayed in virtual models, which enable conclusions to be reached about appearances and lighting effects. The simulation of natural and artificial light makes planning more reliable and enables economical and efficient lighting concepts. We use the Dialux and Relux systems for lighting simulations.
Our services in detail:
- Verification of daylight concepts
- Preliminary estimates of the daylight potential on the basis of insolation data and building geometry
- Presentation of lighting effects in 3D
- Schematic presentation of light distribution on the floor plan
- Photo-realistic presentations of rooms and luminaires
- Selection and evaluation of daylight system components
- Recommendations and evaluations for workplace arrangement
- Prognosis and evaluation of daylight autonomy, i.e. the proportion working time in which artificial lighting will not be required
- Selection and evaluation of the operation of artificial lighting
- Prognosis and evaluation of user comfort by means of illumination intensity and luminance statistics
- Prognosis and evaluation of the glare characteristics throughout the year for offices, sun blinds or façade systems (dynamic calculation)
- Early avoidance of planning mistakes by using realistic presentations
- Improvements in visual comfort
- Evaluation of energy savings from use of daylight
- Providing visual impressions of rooms
- Avoidance of glare
- Optimisation of daylight control
Examples of projects
- Fraunhofer IAF, new communications centre building, Freiburg
- Biologische Heilmittel Heel GmbH, Baden-Baden
- School campus, Lucian-Reich-Schule, Hüfingen